Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Feeling like the world's most organized teacher right about now!


Have you ever drooled longingly over an Erin Condren planner? If you’ve seen one I’m sure your answer is “duh”! They are just so beautiful, and wonderful and organized... ahhhh bliss. I can not bring myself to buy one though. I just can’t. 

If you are the same I have just what you’re looking for. This is my all in one teacher spiral. It cost me a total of $9.98! Yup, thats right, less than 10 bucks!

I purchased Haley O’Connor’s of My Silly Firsties Editable Teacher Binder. Folks, this thing is beyond amazing!! 

I am not a huge fan of binders though. I want to pack around as little as possible and I want every single thing I need at my fingertips so this is the solution. I used Haley’s teacher binder and edited all the pieces so that they are exactly what I need. I printed out every part I wanted and put it all in order. Then I took it to Kinko’s and had them spiral bind it for me. They charged me $3.98 and Haley’s Editable Teacher Binder is only $6.00. This is by far the best purchase I have ever made. And, I can use it year after year too!

The proof is in the pictures. 
Haley has several colored cover options. I made my own, printed it on cardstock and laminated for durability. This is the only piece that I laminated. 

There are always loose papers and because I don't like binders I needed to find a way to add pockets. Kinkos cut a folder in half for me and I placed them where I wanted before they added the spiral. I chose to put one in the front and the back. You can add more pockets too. I will have to decide if I need more later. :) 
I printed all of the covers/sections on cardstock to make it easy to flip 
through and find the section I need. 

In the planning section I have monthly calendars in color, a year long plan (my own, and yes I have a copy for you :)  Just click HERE for the editable year long plan. I also have my planning pages but Haley has editable versions that are wonderful too. I already had mine done and that's the only reason I used it. 
I use an online gradebook, but I like to have rosters and checklists
 to keep track of other things so I have a section for this too. 
You could easily add you entire grade book to this spiral and create sections too!
Oh and one of my favorite things, Haley includes a cutesy-pie typed version of the CCSS for all grades. I added these to my planning section for easy access while planning. 
I have to have a section for To-Do Lists and Notes!
This is my last section but a must!

So that's it. I might have even skipped a few parts. This thing is pretty big, but the spiral keeps it nice and condensed. In LOVE! It's times like these that I am especially thankful for everyone out there creating products for teachers. Sorry for all of the dark pictures, Haley's preview shows so much more. 















1 comment:

  1. Pretty clever and cute too!!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete