Monday, November 18, 2013

My Truth Monday + {My World} right now + Freebie

Okay, I know the song doesn't apply to me
losing my computer for a week but it was soooo
sad. 


"You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!!!" 

I wasn't stressing too badly about not having it until...
I got it back!

I have everything backed up on my external hard drive for teaching. 
I had added all my clipart and files. 
Sadly, I did not add pictures because there were so freakin' many. 
Little did I know that my computer would crap out on me a week later. 
All I can say is thank goodness for Facebook and the pictures I have posted there or I would
be completely without Averie's newborn pictures. 

On top of all that when your hard drive crashes like this you have to set EVERYTHING
back up again. I mean every- freaking- thing, people. 
Note to self: 
-Back up fonts
-Pictures
-Files
-Applications
-Clipart

I spent nap time on Saturday adding Microsoft Works and hunting for all of the fonts that I had so I could respond to TPT emails and product requests. 

It's alllll good now, though!
Back in action, baby :P 

I am linking up this afternoon with Sunny Days in Second!


Today, we share about holiday disasters. 

Well if I am being truthful I have to say that there have not been any "holiday" disasters from me. 
That is only because I refuse to take on anything for the holidays that could potentially lead to disaster. 
I leave the holiday prepping up to the rest of the family and bring my store bought pie or my "previously tested on teachers" recipes from Pinterest. Seriously, before I bring anything to a gathering I always make it once before and take it to work. If it's gone by the end of the day I know it was good!

It might not be a holiday but it was the most important day of my life so I will share my wedding day disaster. 

We were married in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It was wonderful! 
We chose a destination wedding because, well, we were young, anxious, in love, and poor. 
This was as stress free and as beautiful as it possibly could have been. 

Everything was amazing. Our photographer even flew in to take our photos. 
She wanted one of those running on the beach with your bridesmaids actions shots. 
And, look what she got. 


Yep, that would be me, face planting. 


There are another 20 or so of these pictures where they continued to laugh for several minutes before helping this poor bride up. 


My hair looked like this the rest of the time and no one bothered to tell me. 
It was pretty dang embarrassing, but I'll certainly never forget it!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My maternity leave is nearing the end. I cannot believe I am meeting up to plan with my 3rd grade bestie this Thursday for the week I return. I really, I mean really really thought I was going to be ready to go back. I thought I would be chomping at the bit to get out of the house and have some real adult conversations. 
I know that once I am back in action and teaching away I will be in my zone and completely fine. Until then, I just feel like I have this cloud looming over me. I feel insanely blessed that I was able to spend the first 5 months home with both of my babies though. I know this is a special time that many working moms are not able to get. I got to hear her giggles for the first time!! This was so monumental to me since I wasn't the first to hear Conner's. I still remember the first time I heard him full on giggle. It was after my grandma heard him giggling all day. I was so sad I missed the first ones. These two are of course, my world and I wouldn't trade these months at home with them for anything!!!


I was hoping to meet the parents and get to know each family before my return. 
I had a "Meet the Teacher" night at out local library. 
I put together a scavenger hunt and some prizes. 

Guess what?? 
Only 3 families showed up!!!
Booooo
I wasn't expecting a huge turnout, but I was expecting a few more. 
I think I was more disappointed after talking with the families that did show because I realized just how valuable it was. 
I left feeling like I knew each of them and their children. Just as important, they know me and got the opportunity to ask questions and share openly about their little learner. I just wish I had that chance with all of the families. 

Here is a copy of the scavenger hunt for you. It was probably the most plain looking thing I have ever made but the kids left feeling much more comfortable at the library. {It's the plain things that make me appreciate my computer. So happy it's back in my arms again} I prettied it up for you a little. 
Click the picture for your copy! 


In other news... check out this little reader!
My heart is so full!!


2 comments:

  1. Holy moly, that photo made me laugh so loud. Not at you, though, promise! So glad you were able to laugh about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up over that picture! Too funny! Looked like a beautiful day regardless! And you have something to laugh about :). I still laugh about the day I was wrapped up in a sleeping bag and decided that I thought I could kick my fiancee for being a turd.. and fell backwards. Your little ones are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete