Saturday, September 1, 2012

Getting ready for the first week and a FREEBIE Reading Interest Survey

I am doing my best not to do any work over the next three days but I am sure you all know how that goes. My little one is napping now and I am taking "advantage" of the time by blogging.

Nap time yesterday consisted of getting a few charts ready for the first week.

A letter for the first day welcoming the kids and giving step by step directions for the morning. Pick a stick... a get to know you game from my Back to School Giganti-Pack. A bead glyph key. We will be making a bead glyph the first day to keep on our zipper pouch in our reading binder! Last but not least the Read to Self I-Chart for the very first day!


Here is the Pick A Stick get to know you activity that we will be doing the first day!


After teaching about Just Right books I am going to have kids choose books from our classroom library that first day. Of course, I can't have all kids choosing books at once so while groups of kids are choosing books other kids will be completing a reading interest survey to tell me more about themselves as a reader!

You can grab your reading interest survey at my TPT store by clicking either picture below...






1 comment:

  1. What a great freebie! Good luck on your first day! The weather is going to be so nice during my first week, getting lots done may be difficult for us!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete